Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Drive.

Prior to the big heater core swap, I drove the truck up to Dad's place to help him put his 51 back together. It was the first big trip on the new carb rebuild and manifold swap. I must say it ran and drove pretty well. The old truck seemed happy. Dad says that my grandfather would be very happy to see, and hear, how well the thing is running these days. I hope so. Old GM trucks seem to be the McDowell family legacy. I'm itching to put the dual exhaust on to replace the stock two-into-one system that's on it now. I'm saving my pennies to get the Summit racing manifold back system. I've opted to stay with the manifolds because cheap headers aren't worth the time it takes to put them in, since you have to pull them out again and again to try to keep them from leaking. I also heard that the old buck horn manifolds flow almost as well as headers any way. I'll save a bit of cash on the headers and get better mufflers. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment